Limited 6 Months Warranty On Surface Prep, Painting, Staining, Varnishing, and Faux Finishes
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 6 months from the date of completion. Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc. will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Retain a copy of your canceled check or other evidence of payment in full.
- Pay for all materials used to perform the repairs.
- Make the property accessible to Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc employees, to perform the repairs
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any work where Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc. did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work which was not performed by Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc.
- Varnished surfaces , stained surfaces , gel stains , or faux finishes.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal , fiberglass , plastics , or plaster.
- The cost of paint required to perform the repairs.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions and curing time will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- ordinary wear and tear.
- abnormal use or misuse
- peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc.
- structural defects.
- settling or movement.
- moisture content of the substrate.
- abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
- damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of Lewis & Lewis Painting Inc.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this Contract.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY LEWIS & LEWIS PAINTING INC AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY LEWIS & LEWIS PAINTING INC TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THIS CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT SHALL LEWIS & LEWIS PAINTING INC BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT.